Our first year is behind us, the journey of delicious decaf coffee continues!
Whenever I start up a new project, the daunting pressure of small business statistics weigh on me. Especially a funny named business that focuses on DECAF coffee. 😅
Understanding ~20% of small businesses fail in the first year, 50% of those make it to year five, with only one in three enjoy crossing the decade marker.
As a fun side project, Sad Cow Coffee has crossed the first threshold, one year in business. ❤️
A seemingly small thing to accomplish from an outside perspective, especially when not battling the landscape of COVID. But we did it...
We're still here roasting delicious decaf coffee, making new friendships, educated people on the benefits of consuming decaf coffee, and having a bit of fun along the way.
In 2020 Sad Cow Coffee site:
- Required the roasting of ~200lbs of coffee,
- Sold 195 bags of coffee to 83 customers in 16 different states,
- We launched three new coffees + a device to hold your coffee, we're calling it a "coffee mug".
- About 1,000 grams of caffeine was not consumed,
- Wrote eight blog posts, & realized not enough cow jokes were told...
Our little side-project could not share these numbers without the support of you: purchasing coffee, sharing our story, to simply writing a review. Thank you! 🙏
Here's to keeping the journey moving through 2021 and beyond.
Co-Founder, Sad Cow Coffee